Sunday, December 28, 2008

a few words about the recipes



My goal is to create an eclectic collection of recipes that all taste fantastically good, of course! But a few other things I promise to strive for are:

Originality: every recipe will be developed, written and tested by me, unless otherwise stated (such as a guest recipe, adaptation etc) which I will always give credit to.

Healthiness- please don’t let that scare you, taste comes first, remember? But why not have the best of both worlds! Every recipe will be healthy in one or many ways, whether it's low in calories and fat (which many are), high fiber, low sodium etc, I'll always list the nutritional analysis for each one and will often point out any other key goodies. If you would like some more info on calories, fat, etc.. the FDA has a great article about understanding nutriton labels, click here to check it out.

Simplicity- most of my recipes are relatively simple to prepare (I will warn you if there are any that in my opinion are a bit more difficult). If you like things really simple then try the subset of recipes labeled "ridiculously easy"- these ones may not be culinary masterpieces, but they are super easy, quick and taste pretty darn good for such little effort!

Versatility- I will often point out substitutions/additions for ingredients or different ways to garnish and/or serve the recipes, such that I can appeal to a variety of tastes and dietary considerations.

All the photos of the recipes are taken by me and are the REAL THING! I often will snap a pic right after I'm done cooking. For more on the recipe photos, click here

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

I have found that the recipes that I have prepared are not only easy, but taste great! As a bonus they are also good for you. Who said that food had to taste like cardboard in order to be good for you? Not me! And certainly not Marie!! Try the recipes--you will be pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous,  December 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

I love your philosophy. Food should taste good - and to make it a little healthier, even better! A true foodie at heart and a Registered Dietitian, I strive to have to best of both worlds, too.

I really like your site a lot. Thanks for visiting mine. : )

-Lauren O'Connor
www.nutrifitandsavvy.com

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP