Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lemony Cream Cheese Spread




I literally whipped this up right before a get-together I hosted a little while back. I was making Cucumber Water so I had plenty of lemons on hand, plus quite a bit of leftover cream cheese after making my Spinach Artichoke Dip. So I added fresh lemon juice to cream cheese, added a little powdered sugar and viola! This recipe is like a cross between a frosting and a spread. Great for serving with muffins or quick breads, like my Banana Blueberry Oat Loaf.

Ingredients:

One eight ounce tub light cream cheese
4 teaspoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Directions:

Put both ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well by hand or with an electric mixer. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.

Makes 12 servings

Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe, little over 1 tablespoon Calories 42 Protein 1 g Carb 2 g Fiber 0 g Sugars 2 g Fat 3.5 g saturated fat 2 g Sodium 82 mg




Lemony Cream Spread

1 comments:

Lisa December 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

This is a great idea! I like to make my own frosting and spreads for cup cakes and muffins. Can't wait to try this one!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP