Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pumpkin Almond Apple Slices






This weekend my daughter gave me a "snack challenge" to make something different for her to munch on while watching football. Being that I am gluten-free, I wasn't able to partake in the yummy Triple Pumpkin Toast that I created last week so I wanted to create something gluten free, even grain free, that was Fall themed + we both could enjoy.  The result was this super easy to make, delicious snack that combines just a few simple ingredients.  I used Trader Joes pumpkin butter again in this recipe, and it only takes just a tiny bit to top them off with just the right amount of sweetness.


Ingredients:


1 large sized apple (I used Envy)
3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon almond butter (I used Trader Joes Crunchy)
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin butter (I used Trader Joes)
Sea salt

Directions:

Cut apple from top to bottom to make ten 1/4 inch slices. Spread each slice with 1 teaspoon almond butter and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.


Makes 2 servings

Serving size: 5 apple slices  Calories 248 Protein 6 g Carb 26 g Fiber 2 g Sugars 18 g Fat 14 g Saturated fat l.5 g Sodium 155 mg 

One apple slice: Calories 50 Protein 1 g Carb 5 g Fiber 2 g Sugars 4 g Fat 3 g Saturated fat < 0.5 g Sodium 25 mg 


0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP