Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fabulous Food Finds: Udi's Gluten Free Hamburger Rolls Plus My Recipe For Fiesta Turkey Burgers!



I really enjoy Udi's gluten free bread and have been eating it for awhile now, so when I was contacted by one of their company representatives to try out some samples of their hamburger and hot dog buns in a BBQ inspired recipe post I was BEYOND excited!  Soon after I happily agreed a package arrived at my doorstep...



Not only did they send me the buns but I also got samples of bread, cookies, brownies, muffins, tortillas and pizza crust too!  I immediately tried the SnickerDoodle cookies which were to die for and my daughter and I had one of their Double Vanilla muffins the next morning which was also delish and seriously like having a cupcake for breakfast.


I have had this recipe for Fiesta Turkey Burgers in my mind for while now and getting the hamburger buns was a perfect opportunity to try it out.  Adding veggies, beans and spices to the turkey burgers was super tasty and also added a boost of vitamins and minerals plus fiber too!

I have to say that the hamburger buns worked perfectly as well.  They hold their shape nicely, even when carrying the weight of a hefty turkey burger and all the fixin's.  These buns are also crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside and are delicious when toasted. I used the Whole Grain Hamburger Bun variety which is under 200 calories and has a whopping 6 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein as well. I can't wait to try some recipes with their hot dog buns, tortillas and pizza crust too.  A big thanks to Udi's for providing me with the samples and hope you all try their products out along with this festive turkey burger recipe!

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground turkey  
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup egg whites
½ cup cooked black beans (I used canned from Trader Joes, rinsed well)
½ cup cooked corn
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1.5 tablespoons taco seasoning
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon salt (if taco seasoning does not contain salt)
6 hamburger buns, preferably whole grain (I used Udi's brand which is great for those on gluten free diets!)

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Form 6 patties and place on a heated nonstick pan or grill. Heat 7-10 minutes on each side on high heat or until no longer pink on the inside. Lightly toast the 
buns, add the patties, your favorite condiments/fixin's in and serve.

Makes 6 burgers, 6 servings

Serving size: 1 burger (with Udi's bun) Calories 330 Protein 29 g Carb 44  g Fiber 8 g Sugars 2 g Fat 7 g Saturated fat 0.5  g Sodium 640  mg (sodium will vary depending on taco seasoning/salt added/bun used)
1 burger (without bun) Calories 140 Protein 23 g Carb 10  g Fiber 2 g Sugars 2 g Fat 1 g Saturated fat0  g Sodium 270  mg (sodium will vary depending on taco seasoning/salt added)
Note: I was provided with products by Udi's to review but all of the views and opinions stated in this post are my own.

1 comments:

Claire O Meara June 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM  

They look super tasty. My sister is Gluten intolerant so I will be passing this recipe onto her. Can't wait to taste them myself though

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP