Tuesday, January 17, 2017

New Segment: Trader Joes Treasures!! Chili Lime Seasoning



One of my absolute favorite places to food shop is Trader Joes, and I'm sure I'm not alone!! Who doesn't love the place, right?  It has all the great basics- meats, dairy, produce, breads and staples but also a lot of fun specialty food products as well.  Almost every time that I am there it seems that I discover something new (unless I on a super rushed trip to grab just a few things!!).  So I thought I'd start a new segment to share some of my favorite finds with all of you.

First up....Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning. I found this yummy flavoring in the spice isle a few months ago and couldn't resist picking one up-  now I am hooked!  It takes chili powder up a notch by combining it with lime, red bell pepper and sea salt.  It's great on chicken, fish, ground turkey and even helps liven up cooked veggies too.  If you are feeling adventurous try sprinkling some on fruit like oranges or apples to give them some major zest.  I have also mixed some in ranch dressing or dips to add spicy flair.

1/4 teaspoon has 0 calories, 0 carbs/protein/fat and just 180 mg of sodium, so the nutritional stats are very reasonable too.

I hope you will give it a try and you may just see it turn up in some of my future recipes!

Disclamer: I was not contacted or paid by Trader Joes to write this post, all of the opinions are my own.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP