Monday, January 11, 2016

Avocado Crema: A New May To Liven Up Leftovers Using Chobani Greek Yogurt




The New Year is here and all the holiday goodies are now (hopefully!) replaced with tons of healthy foods in our fridges.....at least that's the case in our household!! Plenty of fresh veggies, fruits and lean proteins- like chicken, egg whites, low fat cheese/cottage cheese/yogurt, beans and tofu, are great staples to have on hand. One of my GO TO meals is grilled chicken with cooked veggies. I like to use the leftovers for salad the next day.  Chicken and veggies by themselves can be a bit boring so I always enjoy finding new ways to spice them up to keep them interesting.

I was excited to be contacted by Chobani recently to post about how their yummy yogurt can be used to liven up leftovers. This was certainly great timing and I wanted to use their yogurt to help give my chicken and veggies more flair, so I developed a super simple but really healthy and delicious avocado crema recipe! This is a nice sauce to serve with chicken or fish, on salads, in tacos, or even to dip veggies in, the possibilities are endless!! Plus, the healthy fat from the avocado and it's lean protein help make your meal more satisfying.  I hope you will give it a try and I thank Chobani for giving me the opportunity to post! Check out madewithchobani.com and Chobani's Greek yogurt recipe page for more great ideas!!

Ingredients:

1 large very ripe avocado (to yield 1 cup mashed)
1 six ounce container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani!!)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 - ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste

Directions:

Cut the avocado in half, remove skin and pit and add 1 cup mashed to a blender or food processor. Put in the yogurt, lemon juice and cumin and blend on high speed until smooth mixture is formed. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, add salt to taste and serve.  Chill in the fridge if not eating immediately.


Makes 12 tablespoons


Serving size: 1 tablespoon Calories 35 Protein 2 g Carb 2 g Fiber 1 g Sugars 1 g Fat 2.5 g Saturated fat 0 g Sodium 5 mg

Disclaimer: Although this post is associated with a particular brand, the opinions are my own.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP