Monday, July 21, 2014

Recipe ReDux Post # 24 Peach Arugula Almond Salad With Honey Vanilla Vinagrette






The RecipeReDux theme for July is “Spirited ReDux” and we were challenged to use spirits, extracts or other alcohols in a fun recipe this month.  I ADORE vanilla extract and use it in baking and in my protein bars but I have never used it in a savory dish so I decided to go in that direction with my creation.  Peaches are now in season and I had some on hand so I thought I’d try them in a salad and whip up a dressing using vanilla extract to go with.  The combo of the arugula, peaches and the light and sweet dressing that has the hint of vanilla was a winner!  The crunch of the almonds ties it altogether and it was a hit with my family.  Being clean, simple and easy to make is another bonus with this recipe.  So try it out as a light lunch or a nice starter to a Summer dinner. And, check out the other Spirit infused recipe created by the Recipe Redux peeps too!

 Ingredients:

4 cups arugula, rinsed and dried
1 cup chopped peaches
¼ cup slivered almonds
½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Directions:

Add the arugula, peaches and almonds to a medium bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey and vanilla extract.  Pour over the salad and toss to evenly coat.  Chill if not serving immediately

Make 6 cups, 6 servings

Serving size: 1 cup Calories 100  Protein 2 g Carb 12g Fiber 1 g Sugars 11 g Fat 4.5 g Saturated fat 0.5 g Sodium 320 mg


3 comments:

Karielyn@TheHealthyFamilyandHome July 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM  

Hi there! I love this recipe...and with the clean ingredients and the addition of peach! I would have never thought to add peach but it makes it such a light summer salad. ;) Karielyn

Unknown July 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM  

I love arugula and your vinaigrette sounds delicious!

Unknown July 21, 2014 at 4:44 PM  

So simple yet delicious! This looks great, and I love how light the dressing probably is on this salad :)

xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP