Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oat Pancakes




After seeing a pancake post from a fellow healthy food blogger, Lisa, I was inspired to create my own. The result? A delicious, low calorie pancake made from oat flour- great made with blueberries or even without. So light, fluffy and yummy they had my daughter screaming for more! I still need to try Lisa's too, you can check her recipe out HERE.

Ingredients:

1 cup oat flour (if you are on a gluten free diet use a brand such as Bob’s Red Mill or you can make your own to by grinding gluten free oats in food processor)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
¼ cup egg whites
1 cup nonfat milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup blueberries (optional)

Directions:

In a small bowl combine the baking powder, flour and brown sugar together. To a larger bowl add the egg whites, vanilla and milk and whisk together. Then slowly whisk in the flour mixture until a smooth, thin batter is formed. Let stand for a few minutes. Add ¼ cup (for 1 pancake) to a non stick skillet, or one coated with cooking spray and heat on high heat for 1-2 minutes each side. Repeat with ¼ cup mixture 5 more times for a total of six small pancakes.

Makes 6 pancakes

Serving size: 1 pancake Calories 90 Protein 3 g Carb 13 g Fiber 2 g Sugars 6 g Fat 1.5 g Saturated fat 0 g Sodium 140 mg

Without berries Serving size: 1 pancake Calories 80 Protein 3 g Carb 13 g Fiber 2 g Sugars 5 g Fat 1.5 g Saturated fat 0 g Sodium 140 mg

3 comments:

Linda September 2, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

Just found your site thru Lisa! I'm always looking for healthy recipes. I haven't yet tried her pancakes and now that I see your testimonial (and your daughters!) I'm really looking forward to trying these out!

Lisa September 2, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

Hi Marie, Your version looks great with the oatbran and blueberries. Thanks for the shout out. Sure I'd love to do a guest post sometime, just let me know. I'd love to have you do a guest post too.

Veggie Wonder March 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM  

These look super delish! I will try them in the future, possibly veganized! Thank you for the recipe!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP