Friday, April 1, 2011

Cumin Beets



A light, fresh side dish or starter, this recipe was inspired by a beet salad that I had at a local Persian Restaurant a few months ago. The combination of cumin + beets is a winner and I just had to copy it! It is super easy to prepare, which is also a plus Very low in calories too :)

Ingredients:

3 cups chopped cooked beets (I used the canned, regular, not pickled)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon ground cumin

Directions:

If using canned beets, rinse them, chop into small cubes and place in a medium size bowl. In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, honey and cumin together and pour over the beets. Stir well and serve at room temp or chilled.

Makes 3 cups, 6 servings

Serving size: ½ cup Calories 40 Protein 1 g Carb 10g Fiber 2 g Sugars 8 g Fat 0 g saturated fat 0 g Sodium 260 mg


2 comments:

lisa April 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

The picture is so pretty. I just started to eat beets this past year but I have never tried beets and cumin together. I'll be posting a beet salad I like to make for the kids in the next few days, with apples and rasberries.

Marie April 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Thanks Lisa,

Can't wait to see your recipe!

Marie

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP