Monday, March 20, 2017

Recipe ReDux Post # 56 P B and B Smoothie



The Recipe ReDux challenge for March is "Spring Clean The Kitchen" -  meaning we needed to develop a recipe with what we have on hand already the kitchen. Well, I decided to try this one right before my usual trip to grocery store, meaning the time when I have the least food available. It was a Sunday afternoon, I happened to see some blueberries that were on their last leg in the fridge, so I knew they were going to be involved.  And, my daughter was concurrently whining for a snack so I decided to whip up a quick smoothie to tide her over until dinner. Combining the blueberries with some frozen bananas that I always keep some extra of, along with a scoop of peanut butter and milk worked great to create a peanut butter, blueberry and banana smoothie.  My daughter certainly drank it up and commented several times how "yummy" it was so I'd say this one was a winner.  Hope you will try it, along with all the other delicious recipes by the Recipe Redux group!

Ingredients:

½ medium banana (preferably frozen), sliced
½ cup blueberries
1 tablespoon peanut butter
½ cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
( a few ice cubes- optional) 

Directions:

Add milk to blender and then the fruit. Blend on high for at least 1 minute, then add the peanut butter and blend for another 30 seconds -1 minute until a smooth mixture is formed. Pour and serve. Chill if not serving immediately.

Makes 1 smoothie, one serving, 

Serving size: 1 smoothie Calories 220 Protein 6 g Carb 33 g Fiber 6 g Sugars 18 g Fat 10 g Saturated fat 1.5 g Sodium 160 mg

recipe-redux-linky-logo

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP