Monday, June 20, 2016

Recipe ReDux Post # 47 Avocado Peach Salsa with Some Help From Gabby!



The Recipe ReDux Challenge for June is "Celebrate a ReDuxer"! Being that June happens to be the birthday month of Recipe ReDux (it started back in June 2011!)  we were asked to pick a recipe from one of the bloggers in the group to share or create our own dish from, using it as an inspiration.

Let me start off by saying, I love the blog Teaspoon of Spice , developed by two very talented dietitians, Serena  Ball MS, RD and Deanna Segrave-Daly RD.  They not only happen to be fellow moms/dietitians/bloggers and successful business owners, but in addition to that, they are the very group of dietitians who developed the Recipe ReDux in the first place, along with Regan Jones RD!! So not only do I have to thank them for this particular recipe, but I am very grateful that they bought to fruition Recipe ReDux: "the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians"!  Over the years I have enjoyed the challenges and they really inspire me, not to mention keep me on my toes and creative in the kitchen. I enjoy following the Teaspoon of Spice Blog because it has a bunch of healthy and delicious recipes (with gorgeous photos!) and some really fun and informative posts on "Healthy Kitchen Hacks" and practical "How To's".  Now on to the recipe.......

I happened to have a bunch of peaches in the house that were getting quite ripe and so I went straight to their blog and typed in the word peach in the search box.  A LOT of tempting recipes came up, including this peach pie but what really caught my eye was a peach salsa they had previously posted. We had BBQ chicken on the menu that night and this salsa seemed like the perfect accompaniment to the liven up the meal, PLUS it was a great recipe that Gabby and I could kick off her Summer vacay by making together in the kitchen.  So I pulled up the recipe, called Gabby in the kitchen and we got to work.

She helped chop the cucumbers


and the peaches,



squeeeeeeeze some fresh lime



I did the avocados and she helped pick, chop and throw in some fresh basil (the original recipe calls for mint, which we did not have.)



Then it was all mixed together and voila...we had amazing peach salsa.



You must, I repeat must... go and check out/make this recipe by clicking HERE to get to their blog!!  In addition to the salsa there is another part of the recipe that actually involves grilling chicken atop limes which I intend to try next, if only we had not run out of limes making the salsa.!! Again, hope you will check it out, along with call the celebratory June creations from the fantastic Recipe ReDux Group!!

Gabby's Shot:



2 comments:

Unknown June 21, 2016 at 6:16 AM  

This peach salsa would be great with chicken!

Rachel @ Delicious Balance June 24, 2016 at 10:12 AM  

This sounds like the perfect addition to any summer meal or to enjoy as a light meal! Your daughter has a good eye for photography :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP