Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Recipe ReDux Post # 30 Super Smoky Sweet Potato Chips



January’s Recipe ReDux theme is “Start Smoking In The New Year"- centering around trendy spicy and smoky flavored foods!  We were encouraged to “heat up the New Year with smoke and spiciness.” One of the suggested ingredients to do this with was smoked paprika and I was immediately intrigued because I love regular paprika. So, I sent my husband out to the store to hunt some down and started thinking of how I could use it.  I have been wanting to do a sweet potato chip recipe for some time now so I decided to try my luck with adding some smoked paprika to them, with a little bit of salt and olive oil- the result?  Meh….  I thought they lacked something, possibly a sweetness to combo with the spice so for batch two I added some brown sugar to the mix and WHAM it became a killer recipe…so killer that my husband (who doesn’t even like sweet potatoes), inhaled a bunch after tasting them- score! This is a really simple recipe to make and it works nicely as a snack or a side.  My daughter digs them too :)  So go on and preheat the oven, get slicin’ and sprinklin’ to try some out and take a look at all the smoky and spicy creations that the rest of the Recipe ReDux group has cooked up to ring in 2015 as well!



Ingredients:

3 -4 sweet potatoes (peel on) cut into very thin 1/8 ‘’ thick slices (5 cups of slices)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 packed teaspoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon sea salt

Directions

Add the sweet potato slices to a medium bowl, add the olive oil and mix well to coat. In a small separate dish combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika and  salt.  Sprinkle this mixture over the sweet potatoes, mix well and then bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes (flipping them once halfway through the baking) until lightly browned and starting to crisp. Refridgerate if not eating immediately,

Makes 4 cups,  8 servings
Serving size: ½ cup Calories 110 Protein 1 g  Carb 18  g  Fiber  3 g Sugars   5  g Fat 3.5 g Saturated fat  < 1 g Sodium 190  mg


0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP