Monday, December 8, 2014

Gabby's Eats: Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower Salad Recipe








The inspiration for this recipe came from abundance, and when I say that I mean a surplus of cauliflower in the fridge!!  Gabby and I were sitting at the table and she wanted to do some recipe brainstorming. She asked me how I come up with recipes and I told her one of the ways I am often inspired is by what I simply have on hand in the pantry/fridge, namely what I need to use up.  She opened the fridge and said "we have a lot of cauliflower, let's make a salad" and I was all for it!  I asked her what she wanted to do with the cauliflower and after a bit of discussion it was decided that we would roast it but kick it up a notch by coating it with parmesan cheese.A bed of lettuce and dark greens was a perfect place for the cauliflower to lay once it was cooked and cooled and the sprinkle of the sunflower seeds was perfect to top it off. This cauliflower is even delicious by itself if you wanted to skip the salad.  I was proud of my little chef for coming up with this one...Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

7 cups chopped cauliflower florets
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped kale or spinach
2 cups chopped romaine or butter lettuce
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray
dressing of choice


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the cauliflower in a large bowl, add one of the tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl and toss to coat. Place the veggies on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and roast for 15 minutes (mom helped with the oven stuff!).  Then carefully transfer them to the large bowl, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the parmesan cheese and mix well. Return to the baking sheet and roast another 7-10 minutes until lightly browned and tender but firm when pierced with a fork.  



Allow to cool and then mix with the greens and sunflower seeds in a large bowl and toss with dressing of choice.  Chill if not serving immediately

Makes 4 servings

Serving size:  ¼ recipe Calories  200  Protein 9  g Carb 15 g  Fiber  5  g Sugars 4  g Fat 14  g Saturated fat 2.5  g Sodium 200 mg


Gabby in action....


Her final shot:

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP