Monday, November 5, 2012

Fabulous Food Finds: Nature’s Best Isopure Whey Protein Isolate





I am all for using whole, natural foods in my recipes and diet so when I found myself looking for a protein powder to add a little protein power to my smoothies, oatmeal and recipes I was very excited to find Nature's Best IsopureWhey Protein Isolate when searching online.  I have tried many protein powers before but they either tasted too chalky or had too many artificial ingredients and additives.  Isopure is a great name for this product because that’s what it is, pure natural protein without any artificial colors or ingredients. “Pure naked protein” is what is appropriately stated on the container!   Whey protein is derived from milk, yet this brand has the lactose removed which is great news for those with lactose intolerance.  I have found few other lactose free whey protein powders like this one.  I also like the fact that it is unflavored and easily mixes into smoothies, oatmeal and has worked really well in a line of protein bar recipes that I have developed and will soon be revealing.  One scoop of this powder contains 110 calories 0 fat/carbs/sugars and 26 grams of high quality protein.  (A scoop is about 4 tablespoons so sometimes I’ll just add 1 tablespoon to a smoothie for 6 grams of protein, which is equivalent to about an ounce of protein). Whey protein contains branched chained amino acids (BCAAs) that are thought to aid in muscle recovery after exercise.  I buy mine online via Amazon.com and it costs a little over 40 dollars with free shipping, though I believe it is available at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe too. Try a tablespoon or two in my Strawberry Banana, Watermelon, or Berry-nana smoothies and look for it in some upcoming protein bar recipes I will post too!



5 comments:

Lisa November 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM  

I look forward to your protein bar recipe posts! I too like to use whey protein in my smoothies and baked goods. I'll look into this brand, thanks! :)

Marie November 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

I know you will like it Lisa!!!

Unknown November 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM  

I'll try this with smoothies too. This is a great idea!

Unknown December 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM  

Thanx For ur post, i also read somewhere Whey Proteins are fundamental components of all living cells and include many substances, such as enzymes, hormones, and antibodies that are necessary for the proper functioning of a body are essential in the diet of humans for the growth and repair of tissue and can be obtained from foods such as meat, fish, eggs, milk, and legumes. is this true..??

Marie December 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

Thanks for your comment Kushal,

Most of the research I have seen is centered around whey protein and cell repair, namely muscle cell recovery after workouts and the particular types of amino acids that are benifical, branched chain amino acids, are richly supplied in whey protein specifically.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP