Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Segment: Fabulous Food Finds




Being a dietitian, food blogger and self-proclaimed consumer and promoter of healthy foods means that I am always on the lookout for new, nutritious and yummy foods to use to create my recipes, snack on, recommend when planning diets for clients etc… So I thought I’d start a segment which highlights some of these products I discover and LOVE. A little disclaimer though- I am not paid to endorse any of these products, all the “promotion” comes from my own opinions and interest. If I do receive samples from a company I will mention that in my post and will still give my honest un-biased thoughts!

So with all this mentioned, let’s get to my first Fabulous Food Find ….

Product Reviews

Reduced Sugar Fruit Spreads

I am a big fan of these, especially since my toddler is addicted to PB and J’s. A couple of companies including Welch’s, Smuckers, Trader Joes have their own lines of these fruity spreads that have less calories, sugar and carbs but contain NO artificial sweeteners. How do they do it? I think adding a bit more water to the product is a possibility. They are not as sugary sweet as the regulars but impart just enough fruit flavor. At 20-30 calories,, 5-7 grams of carb and sugar per tablespoon they contain about 50% less calories and sugar than regular varieties and have no fat or sodium either (plus they are gluten-free)! My family and I love them on sandwiches, toast, ricecakes, waffles and I have even used them in a few recipes, like my PB and J bars and Ridiculously Easy and Healthy Fruit Yogurt. So until I figure out how to make my own, I’m sticking with these!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP