Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ridiculously Easy Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix


Ready in a snap, this distinctive blend of spices, savory crunchies and sweet chewy raisins makes a pretty darn good combo - brought it to a poker night hosted by my good friends Justin and Maria last week, and it was a hit. Mix it up, grab a handful and enjoy!

4 cups popped popcorn (I used Orville Redenbacher’s Smart Pop)
1 cup nuts (cashews, peanuts work best)
1 cup whole wheat pretzels, crushed
½ cup raisins
½-1 teaspoon ground cumin
½-1 teaspoon curry powder

Put the first four ingredients in a bowl, sprinkle with the curry and cumin powers, mix well and serve. Store in an airtight container.

Makes about 6 cups, 12 servings

Serving size: ½ cup Calories 96 Protein 3 g Carb 11 g Fiber 1.4 g Sugars 6 g Fat 5 g saturated fat <1 g Sodium 101 mg

1 comments:

Anthony Sepe March 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Hi Marie,
This is Anthony writing you "From A Dietitian's Perspective." I have finally had a chance to get to your blog. I enjoy your blog andI love this snack recipe of yours. I would like to use this recipe in the snack section of my Cookbook for Cerebral Palsy. (I'll e-mail you separately.) Thanks again and take care,
Anthony
http://fromadietitiansperspective.blogspot.com

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP